We are committed to providing resources and education to empower our community to reach their fullest potential.
Neighborhood House is here to help empower our community through all life stages. Whether you want to complete your GED, become a better reader, or further your education in general, Neighborhood House’s Adult Education Program can help you achieve your goals.
At Neighborhood House, the Adult Education Program offers:
- GED classes (language arts, math, social studies, and science)
- Adult Basic Education classes and one-on-one tutoring
- English as a Second Language (ESL) one-on-one tutoring and conversation partners
- Flexible learning (individualized, online classes)
- Classes in financial planning and workplace skills
- Northstar certification in Computer Basics, Internet Basics, Email, Windows OS, Mac OS X, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Social Media, Information Literacy
- Employment counseling
- Lunch and learn events
- Civic engagement opportunities
Our classes are conveniently located at Neighborhood House, Monday through Friday. One-on-one tutoring is offered on-site, virtually, and at public libraries around Central Illinois. All education programs are offered free-of-charge.
Many of our programs have made changes to adapt to the ever-changing situation and uncertainty surrounding COVID-19. Please contact Neighborhood House to receive the most current program information.
Your generous contributions make the difference. Every donation – no matter how big or small – helps fund the life-changing services and programs we offer to our community.